Friday, June 20, 2008

Digital Storytelling #2

I loved the digital story, Quilts. What a fantastic way to display young student's artwork, reading and writing skills. I know they must have spent a long time working on this project and took great pride in creating this story. I imagine this could be used for back to school night to encourage future students and parents. It is also a medium that displays the teacher's interest and enthusiasm for her class.

I would love to create something like this in my 4th grade classroom. I would incoroporate it into a science or social studies lesson, and involve students in every step of the process. This would be a great tool to use at conferences. Parents could watch their child's digital story before coming to the conference. The conference would then begin with, your child has excelled in_______and it was evident in our digital story.

1 comment:

Mr. Dodson said...

I would enjoy doing this activity only if I taught elementary students. I would find it hard to incorporate this activity on the high school level. I know that this activity would be a fantastic way to display the artistic abilities of the students in your 4th grade class.